As many SMB’s will already have discovered, making sure employees feel good about their well-being and safety in a workplace is an important factor in whether the return of employees to your office or business premises is a success or not.
Here are some quick tips for making your SMB’s office or workplace healthier and your workforce happier, whilst contributing to a reduction in the transmission of Covid-19.
- Ensure the environment is tidy and inviting and keep it that way.
- Reduce the number of touchpoints an employee or visitor encounters – consider technologies like biometric sensors, or simply get people to ‘tap in’ using barcodes and their own mobile phones.
- Consider introducing automated temperature checking devices that use infrared cameras at entry points rather than expecting staff to measure everyone’s temperature manually.
- Reconsider the layout of the workplace to maintain social distancing if you haven’t already done so.
- Implement regular inspections to detect areas that require additional cleaning.There are even smart sensors (without cameras) that can be installed to do this.
- Maintain good ventilation – check humidity, Co2 Levels and temperatures as part of this. Environmentally efficient HVAC systems may be capable of being adapted to enable this.
- Manage your occupancy rates – ensure stricter use of diarising working times and visitor numbers on any one day and, for busier, larger, workplaces consider installing flow sensors.
There are lots of technologies available that can help lead not only to healthier and happier work environments but also help make your buildings more cost efficient and profitable.
Projectsure can help your business implement these improvements and save your business money.
For advice specific to your own business’s property portfolio challenges, email email@example.com to arrange an initial Zoom or telephone chat.